Training on HIV and Human Rights for Emergent CBOs and In-country Downstream Partners in Bangladesh by BSWS
Bandhu Social Welfare Society (BSWS) has started a four day training session from 20-23 April, 2015, on HIV and Human Rights for emergent CBOs and in-country downstream partners in Bangladesh. This training is conducted under the Multi Country South Asia Global Fund HIV program (MSA-910-GO2-H) which is supported by the Global Fund to fight against AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria. In Bangladesh, BSWS serves as the sub-recipient of the grant. The training took place at project management office, Shivananda Hall, Maghbazar, Dhaka. The objectives of the training are:
- To increase the knowledge on STI,HIV and AIDS
- To provide basic knowledge and skills about HIV and Human Rights
- To Improve participants’ knowledge on HIV, Human Rights in relation to sexual minority work in Bangladesh
- To Provide key massage strategy and skills to work on HIV and Human Rights issues
- To Share key elements and process of evidence-based advocacy for decreases the stigma and discrimination amongst sexual minority people.
- To Share skills and ways to be the change-maker / advocate in the areas of Human Rights.
A total number of 31 percipients from 19 emergent CBOs and in country downstream partners attended the training.
It is expected that at the end of the session, participants will learn the basic concept of on STI, HIV and AIDS. BSWS believe that this training will also help them to Understand Relationship between HIV, Human rights and Sexual Rights, how to provide On spot counseling, Identify the violence, harassment and rejections of MSM and Hijra, Know the Bangladesh Penal code 377, The Legal ambiguities, Know how stigma effects Human Rights of sexual minorities Identify and explain the key elements of evidence based Advocacy
For more information, please contact Bandhu Social Welfare Society, 99 Kakrail, Dhaka‐1000, Bangladesh;
Tel.: 88‐02‐935‐6868 or mail to shale@bandhu‐bd.org
Why not stay up to date via our social media page?
Join us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/bandhugroup
Follow us on Twitter: www.twitter.com/bondhubd