Team Leader – Global Fund supported HIV prevention intervention
Key Selling Points
The applicants should have previous working experience on the following area(s): Program Manager/Team Leader/Program Coordinator/Program Management Specialist. The position holder must be able to strategically carry-out multifaceted coordination tasks starting from field activities to the national level, aligning the priorities of Principle Recipient and Sub-Sub-Recipient in between from Sub-Recipient level.
- Bandhu Social Welfare Society (Bandhu) Community lead organization working on improving sexual and reproductive health, promotion and protection of human rights and wellbeing of sexual and gender diverse population in Bangladesh is looking for a Team Leader for its Global Fund, supported HIV/AIDS intervention Program.
- This is a senior position in the organization directly reportable to Director – Health and Strategic Partnership. The person will be responsible for managing the program and activities including management of projectteam. S/he will also extend support in devising plans, strategies and policies in terms of achieving the goals of the organization.
- The position requires significant experience of project and partners management and the ability to monitor, evaluate, coordinate, and achieve program goals. Comprehensive knowledge is needed for preparing project proposals.
- The person must be a strategic thinker as well as a team player and expected to possess excellent communication skills.
Apart from these, the ideal candidate should have the followings expertise’s;
- Effective and efficient planning and implementation skill for program intervention
- Conceptualize, develop and implement assignments and activities
- Ensure quality implementation of intervention/activities through spending 40-50% time in the field in a routine manner and provide written feedback of all field visits.
- Participate in the preparation of the project policies, strategies, multi-year plans and work plans and overall strategic planning of organization.
- Assist Partner Organizations(PNGOs) of the project to ensure effective and efficient development and management of the project.
- Ensure uniform message is provided to project beneficiaries.
- Provide guidance to the team members in matters of resolving problems in the implementation of the assignment; develop checklist and mechanism for regular monitoring of the field activities and analyze the feedback.
- Organize/monitor regular internal meetings with stakeholders at the field level periodically.
- Produce and Disseminate Health Education message for the project.
- Monitor and track the achievement of overall intervention objectives.
- Review intervention related crucial problems which are forwarded by field staff and take necessary action.
- If required, keep program unit informed with recommendations on options of solution.
- Manage contracts with all PNGOs in & outside Dhaka to provide regular feedback to PNGOs.
- Program Performance management and capacity development:-
- Monitoring the project activities routinely especially.
- Ensure supervision and performance review of all PNGOs timely and appropriately done within the area of responsibilities.
- Plan/review progress and prepare performance report of all PNGOs.
- Identify staff training needs; ensure need-based training for respective groups/individuals timely and appropriately.
- Provide on the job training, coaching and mentoring to the project staff working in the field.
- Ensure that the staffs are kept abreast of the latest changes to the project strategies and activities.
- Ensure and promote team spirit among the staff members and maintain gender sensitivity.
- Effective and efficient use of project assets and resources:-
- Ensure preparation/revision of project annual budget according to budget guidelines and ensure timely submission to the program coordination office.
- Monitor and control budget performance and make necessary revision/adjustment and monitoring the burn rate of the project on monthly and quarterly basis.
- Oversee the preparation of budget variance reports.
- Ensure that local purchases and expenditures are done as per contract/policy.
- Information management:-
- Liaison with partner organization (GO/NGO) at local level to introduce/update project strategy and activities also assess program expansion activities in consultation with program coordination unit.
- Organize annual learning reflection workshop.
- Liaison with other NGOs/research institutes regarding cross border mobility and HIV vulnerability.
- Develop linkage with other stakeholders like other Global Fund implementing partner and other NGOs etc.
- Finalize monthly, quarterly and project completion reports with assistance of professional staffs of the FR project.
- Ensure preparation of all periodic reports on implementation progress/MIS and its proper dissemination.
- Effectively coordinate with PNGO staff to ensure smooth and effective implementation of in all respects.
Employment Status: Full-time
- At least a Master’s degree in Social Sciences or any related field from a recognized Institution/ University.
- Advanced Degree in Public Health and/or a post graduate diploma in Project Planning and management would be preferred.
Experience Requirements: At least 8 year(s)
- Age:Not more than 55 years
- Both Male and Female are allowed to apply
- Minimum 8 years of experience in program/project management in development sector, which includes at least 5 years working experience in HIV/AIDS and/or Sexual and Reproductive Health related programme.
- Candidates having working experience with gender diverse population or/ Competent candidate from gender diverse community may get preference.
- Fluency in both English and Bangla.
- Computer literacy, specifically MS Office.
Dhaka but willing to travel filed visit frequently outside Dhaka.
Salary: TK. 1,03,204
Compensation & other benefits
- Mobile bill, Provident Fund, Weekly 2 holidays, Insurance,
- Festival Bonus:2
- As per project policy
Read Before Apply:
Please note that only applications filled in as per Bandhu format (Bandhu-Job-Applicaiton-form) will be considered.
Please email the application to firstname.lastname@example.org on before 25 April’2020.