Projects and their objectives
Project Title: “SRHR for Gender Diverse Communities: Moving towards more integrated approaches for equality and social justice”
- To improve access of gender diverse communities to quality sexual and reproductive health services.
- To promote and protect of human rights of gender diverse communities and their access to justice
- To improve access to social entitlements and social protection for gender diverse communities
Project Title: Expanding HIV Prevention in Bangladesh (Proving HIV prevention services with MSM and Transgender (Hijra) in Bangladesh.
- To increase the scale of prevention services for key populations at higher risk (IDUs, female sex workers, hijras and MSM)
- To increase the scale of the most effective activities conducted with the expiring Round-2 grant
- To build capacity of partners in order to increase the scale of the national response.
Project Title: Rights of Gender Diverse Population (RGDP)
- To enhance awareness and knowledge among gender diverse and Hijra community about their human rights, self-responsibilities and duties;
- To improve supportive socio-cultural and legal environment for gender diverse population to access public services through sensitizing policy makers & stakeholders;
- To enhance capacity of relevant stakeholders to reduce harassment, stigma, discrimination and human rights violations in relation to SOGI issues
- To mobilize gender diverse community & relevant stakeholders for ensuring safety and legal rights
Right Here Right Now (RHRN)
- By 2020, young people’s access to SRHR information is guaranteed by the existing NCTB Curricula and offered through educational institutions
- By 2020, recognition of third-gender populations is reflected in relevant laws and institutional policies
- By 2020, rights-based SRH information and youth-friendly services are made available by Government for adolescents, youth and marginalized groups in at least 30% of all public health facilities
NOREC (FK Norway)
Project Title: Saksham: Learning Exchange
- Observe, understand and learn the various health and education activities of partners including the functioning of each organization.
- Understand the functioning of health and health education programs and their sustainability of partners formed and managed by the community themselves
- Learn effective options, new skills for creating result bearing livelihood interventions which have direct positive impact on improving overall health conditions
- Understand the need based and demand driven approach of partners and its strategy and enhance the knowledge and skills in the area of small and medium enterprise development for the sustainability of the organizations
Project Title: STEP – Social Justice Through Empowerment and Parity
- To build capacity of SOGI community and strengthen their voice
- To ensure effective participation in the existing structure, facilitate psychosocial, mental health counselling and legal aid support
- To ensure basic human rights using innovative approaches and create create mass awareness about culture diversity and sensitivity in relation to sexual orientation and gender identity
Project Title: Youth for Inclusive Development in South Asia
- Build networks of youth groups across the South Asia region which are able to employ civic engagement to positively influence outcomes for minority groups – including security, identity, dignity, and development (their equal access to services, entitlements and opportunities).
The Canada Fund for Local Initiatives (CLFI)
Project Title: Movement towards protecting human rights of SOGI community in Bangladesh
- To advance the overall human rights situation of SOGI community through awareness and advocacy
- To improve the knowledge and capacity on Human Rights and SRHR of SOGI community
- To raise awareness and sensitivity on sexual and reproductive health of 2500 FDMN and host community’s population at Cox’sbazar
- To provide sexual and reproductive health services including lifestyle related communicable diseases to 900 FDMN and host community’s population at Cox’sbazar
- To build capacity of project staffs on sexual reproductive health care to provide appropriate services
Manusher Jonno Foundation (MJF)
Project Title: Youth engagement for inclusive development, Gender Parity and Social Justice
- To groom Youth Engagement for Inclusive Development, Gender Parity and Social Justice including gender diverse communities through different interventions, engagements and activities.
- To create access of Gender and Sexual Minorities (GSM) to education, empowerment, employment and participation in decision-making process through levitating their voice in society/state.
Human Rights Program of UNDP (Low Value Grant)
Project Title: Movement towards ensuring the quality of Human Rights for the Gender Divers Community.
- Ensure parity to enjoy the Human Rights by gender diverse community particularly the TG through protecting different forms of violations in society.
- To strengthen the Community Systems mobilizing local resources including institutional capacities, local movements, coalition, alliances and networks
- To ensure access to justice collaborating with LEA, local CSOs and other institutions at local and national level
- To reduce stigma and discrimination through forming a sustainable platform amongst community
UNDP Diversity Fund (PTIB)
Project Title: Promoting Social Inclusion of Transgender/Hijras Community.
- Ensure positive atmosphere through sensitizing the relevant stakeholders and reducing the rights violation of TG/Hijras
Christian Aid (CA)
Project Title: Towards ensuring dignified living of hijra population in Bangladesh.
- To Identify the socio-economic condition of the transgender/hijra community in Bangladesh.
- To create access & rapport with policy makers & relevant stakeholders to advance the rights of transgender/hijra community in Bangladesh.
- To create public awareness on transgender/hijra community through social media.
International Republican Institute (IRI)
Project Title: Upholding Human Rights of the SOGI Population (UHRSP)
- To uphold and ensure the human rights of the SOGI Population
- To create awareness among the different level o stakeholders of the state about the human rights of the SOGI population
- To create community advocate among the SOGI population and identify the sectors where SOGI population human rights are violating
- To institutionalize the psycho-social and psycho-sexual counselling with Dhaka University Psychology Department and developing national module and manuals
- To scale up of national capacity for innovative techniques of counselling
- To mentor and prepare the young competent HIM members for employability and facilitate job placement.
- To increase access of essential HIV services to marginalized MSM / TG (KP) adolescents and youths