Joint Monitoring Visit of GOB-UNFPA-Bandhu at Wellness Center, Ukhiya, Cox’sBazar
On 26th January 2021, Director General Dr. Shahadt Hossain Mahmud and top echelon government officials from Health Economics Unit under Health Service Division of MOHFW visited Bandhu’s Wellness Center at Kutupalong, Ukhiya. The intervention is supported by UNFPA. This visit was the part of monitoring the the program titled `Health Sector Response to Gender Based violence (GBV)` jointly implemented by Health Economics Unit of Govt. and UNFPA.
The visit which was facilitated by UNFPA,was very important for Bandhu. The delegation was briefed on overall interventions for Rohingya and host community and the progress made in terms of ensuring response to general health, mental health care needs, and issues around GBV, SRH services including STI, HIV/AIDS for men, boys and transgender clusters of Gender Diverse communities.
The delegation looked into the clinical set up of the wellness center, observed the service provisions for counseling and community gathering and praised the documentation process GBV cases, interventions on COVID-19 awareness and efficient coordination with Govt. authorities and other development actors in Cox’s Bazar region.
On behalf of Bandhu, Mr. Md. Jashim Uddin, Service Center Manager of Wellness Center, Mr. Nazmul Haque, Asst. Manager – Coordinator (Rohingya Response) and Mr. AKM Mahbubul Islam (Tanvir), Manager – Program attended the delegation and responded to their queries. They also shared the challenges/gaps, and way forward on the improvements on GBV and STI/HIV interventions.
The members of the delegation were
- Dr. Shahadt Hossain Mahmud, Director General-Health Economics Unit, Health Services Division, Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Bangladesh
- Dr. Hasan Shahriar Kabir, Divisional Director (Health), Chattagram Division
- Dr. Mashqur Rahman, Senior Consultant, GNSPU, Health Economics Unit, Health Services Division, Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Bangladesh
- Dr. Rahat Ara Nur, Technical Officer, UNFPA Bangladesh
- Mr. Khairul Islam, Field Coordinator-Operations, MoHFW Coordination Center, CxB
- K.S.M. Tarique, Deputy Chief, Light House
- Dr. Promiti, Program Manager, Light House
- Mr. Md. Younus, Sanitary Inspector, Ukhiya Upazila Health Complex, Ukhiya, Cox’s Bazar