Bandhu Consortium for Badhan Hijra Sangha under GFATM-FR project under the overall guidance and the direct supervision of Bandhu Consortium, the incumbent will be responsible for the implementation and evaluation of the Project objective of relevant position. Bandhu is looking for suitable candidates of the following position:
- Provide quality STI and GH services to the gender diversified population and hijra at service centers, which include DICs, Sub-DICs, Outlets and Satellites.
- Provide HTC services to the gender diversified population and hijra at service centers.
- Conduct physical examinations of the beneficiaries maintaining proper infection prevention procedure and ensure privacy during physical examination.
- Record present and past medical complaints of beneficiaries properly in the health card and prescribe medicines as per the treatment protocol; ensure proper dispensing of drugs including DOTs to beneficiaries of the service centers and maintain records accordingly.
- Provide prescriptions for STIs for the female partners of gender diversified population
- Ensure availability of proper clinical set up (e.g. patient bed, spot light, patient screen, adequate lighting facilities, running water supply etc.), infection prevention equipments (autoclave, incinerator, etc.) and clinical equipments (e.g. BP machine, thermometer, weight machine etc.). Ensure that they are in operation and properly used.
- Ensure that adequate medicines are kept in the store in proper environment as per the standard practice; update medicine stock register regularly, review medicine stock, notify regarding any stock-out/short expiry situation to concerned authority at least four (4) months back and prepare medicine requisition when required.
- Ensure ethical issues like confidentiality, non-discriminatory attitude towards gender diversified population and hijra populations are maintained; and treat beneficiaries with respect and dignity
- Store the blisters of DOTs medicine (i.e., Cefixime and Azythromycine) at service centers until the verification by PR or SR representatives. Keep records of incineration of the blisters after the verification by the PR or SR.
- Ensure proper application of all monitoring tools for monitoring clinical activities (STI, GH, TB) and HTC services; Review overall clinic performance regularly and guide the staff and report to the concern Program specialist/ Program coordinator.
- Provide counseling assistance in regards to personal risk assessments, safer sex behaviors and partner notification; perform 4Cs (i.e. compliance with treatment, counseling for prevention, condom demonstration, contact tracing) according to National as well as project guideline during counseling; demonstrate proper use of condoms;
- Perform TB screening of all patients attending the clinic; ensure accompanied referral of suspected TB cases to DOTS center for diagnosis and/or treatment and follow-up of TB positive cases to ensure treatment adherence.
- Perform HTC activities as per schedule; perform pre and post-test counseling, collect sample from HTC clients, perform rapid HIV testing according to algorithm, deliver report to the clients, keep record maintaining confidentiality; maintain appropriate bio-safety measures during testing in order to ensure quality of test, accompanied referral of HIV positive clients to the care, support and treatment center (CSTC).
- Prepare list of requisition for HTC reagent and consumables; maintain stock register of HTC reagent and consumable regularly.
- Store and document QC samples to be send to the icddr, b laboratory; store reagents and samples maintaining cold chain in order to organize and preserve samples properly.
- Ensure proper registration of clinic patients on each clinic day and maintain all relevant records and files; submit monthly report to the DIC Manger/Sub DIC in charge. Prepare monthly HTC report and submit to SR focal person timely.
- Execute any other assignment towards project and organizational interest
Employment Status: Full-time
- Diploma in Medical Technology
- At least 03 years Medical Assistant course completion from recognized Institution / MAATS and 01 year internship with BMDC registration.
- At least 1 year direct working experiences with any of the marginalized and vulnerable community people will be preferred
- BMDC Registration is mandatory.
- At least 1 year(s)
- The applicants should have experience in the following business area(s): NGO
- Age at most 35 years
- Only males are allowed to apply
- Ability to interact professionally with a diverse population
- Ability to exercise flexibility and adaptability to changing priorities
- Ability to work within a team
- Ability to communicate effectively both written and oral
- Ability to plan, evaluate and meet deadlines
- Knowledge in good report writing
- Good analytical skills
- Ability to plan, evaluate and meet deadlines
- Ability to learn or possess knowledge of a wide range of information technologies
Job Location: Moulavibazar
- Tk. 16163 (Monthly)
- Including all benefits
Compensation & Other Benefits: Weekly 2 holidays
Read Before Apply
Bandhu invites applications from qualified individuals. Please note that only applications filled in as per Bandhu format will be considered.Bandhu-Job-Applicaiton-form Please email the application to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before January 12, 2019. Any persuasion will disqualify the candidates. Qualified individuals from Third Gender Community, differently able person and member of indigenous are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
Application Deadline : January 12, 2019