- Monitor and supervise the activities of the camp/clinic.
- Prepare the monthly counseling report and progress reports related with counseling.
- Provide general counseling (individual or group counseling), advice and support to MSM/.hijra attending the drop-in and support groups on a range of personal issues of concern, including sexualities, sexual health orientation, gender identification, psycho-sexual issues, marriage and children.
- Provide counseling assistance in regard to personal risk assessments, safer sex behaviors, partner notification and any related issues for those attending the STI clinic/camp.
- Provide pre and post test counseling to all clients.
- Provide counseling to MSM, their partners and family who are living with HIV and AIDS.
- Provide an opportunity and environment for clients to ask their own questions and voice anxieties in a relaxed, informal and non-judgmental atmosphere.
- Encourage the client to identity and persuade his sexual contacts (including his wife if there is one) to attend the clinic/camp.
- Assess whether clients may have other problems, which need specialist attention and refer as required.
- Maintain all necessary documents and recall system for those clients who may need follow-up treatment.
- Maintain confidentiality and security of client information at all times.
- Be aware of the public and media attention on STI/HIV/AIDS issues, including sexual health prevention, treatment, care and support and maintain a positive and highly professional approach in any contact with the general public.
- Assist to prepare the quarterly revised work plan for un-achieved activity as well as any revision as may be required
- Assist in compiling the fields monthly report and progress report
- Assess the overall quarterly clinic performance, guide the field staff and provide report to Supervisor
- Analyze the reasons for increase or decrease in the client flow in clinic levels and suggest and help implement steps for improving client flow in clinic when there is a low performance
- Maintain proper record of drop-in visit, maintain Visitors log and ensure all visitor have his refreshment as well monthly report back to respective officer
- Perform any other duties that may be assigned by management
- At least a Bachelor degree in Social Sciences with a bias in Psychology from a recognized institution
- A certificate in counseling is an added advantage
- For the community Representative education may be relaxed
- At least 1 year(s)
- Age at most 35 years
- Both males and females are allowed to apply
- This position requires basic experience on counseling procedure particularly on STI/HIV/AIDS.
- Representative from MSM/Hijra community will receive priority in this position
- Ability to interact professionally with a diverse population
- Ability to exercise flexibility and adaptability to changing priorities
- Team working, interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Ability to communicate effectively both written and oral
- Demonstrate organization and project management skills
- Demonstrate good analytical skills with an eye for details
- Possess good negotiation skills
- Ability to plan, evaluate and meet deadlines
- Ability to learn or possess knowledge of a wide range of information technologies
Job Location: Cox’s Bazar
Salary: Tk. 34493 (Monthly)
Compensation & Other Benefits
- All other benefits are as per organization policy.
Read Before Apply
Bandhu invites applications from qualified individuals filled up Bandhu-Job-Applicaiton-form. Please email the application to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before April 23, 2019. Any persuasion will disqualify the candidates. Internal and external applicants shall be treated equally in the entire selection process.
Individuals from minority groups (MSM/Third Gender), indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are especially encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence. Photograph must be enclosed with the resume.
Application Deadline : April 23, 2019