Asst. Manager-Internal Audit
Job Description / Responsibility:
- Plan, design review and check of required documents to ensure full compliance in view of BANDHU Financial procedures or donor requirement.
- Review and updates the implementation of internal control policies and procedures.
- Prepare internal audit plan for both program and finance and conduct accordingly (organizational or project).
- Ensure effective coordination with Finance department in facing external audit or donor requirements.
- Conduct internal audit as per the annual internal audit plan which supports monitoring compliance with BANDHU, donor and local legal requirements based on a risk prioritization, and including both BANDHU and partners.
- Perform on audit views regarding BANDHU’s operations in line with the agreed annual plan to assess the effectiveness of BANDHU’s internal controls and compliance with BANDHU’s policies and procedures
- Review financial policies, procedures, records and other reports, systems and controls maintained in BANDHU offices and partner organizations.
- Prepare and submit monthly internal audit report to management along with mitigation plan.
- Undertake investigations on frauds and irregularities at management requests and as follow up on regular audit findings.
- Document internal audit testing in audit work papers, detailing the procedures performed, results of testing and conclusions reached
- Identify and analyze control weaknesses and areas of actual or potential non-compliance with BANDHU and donor requirements and summarize these in an internal audit report, containing observations and internal control and procedural improvement recommendations
- Ensure proper steps in monitoring the implementation status of recommendations made by donor auditors, financial statement external auditors, and other audit recommendations as applicable
- Review all concern issues and provide summary reporting of key risks, compliance issues and findings to Executive Director of BANDHU.
- Coordinate and conduct internal audits of BANDHU’s partners and ensure they are in compliance with their policies and procedures.
- Ensure periodic update of the fixed asset register and assist asset management of the organization with proper documentation.
- Engage in capacity building of partners around internal controls and anti-fraud measures
- Support BANDHU management in performing initial investigations into suspected frauds in line with BANDHU’s guidelines and donor guideline.
- Any other activities as required / defined by the organization in terms of internal audit, internal control.
Job Nature: Full Time
- Masters in Business Administration with an Accounting option from a recognized Institution.
- CA course completed (qualified chartered accountants will get preference)
Experience Requirements: At least 5 year(s)
Additional Job Requirements
- Age At most 45 year(s)
- At least 05 years managerial experience in working with internal auditor with a recognize organization
- Good knowledge of the Accounting system software
- Desirable Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to interact professionally with a diverse population
- Ability to communicate effectively both written and oral
- Ability to plan, evaluate and meet deadlines
- Demonstrate good report writing skills
- Demonstrate good analytical skills with an eye for details
Job Location: Dhaka
Salary Range: Tk. 46,805.00
Other Benefits: As per organizational/project policy
BANDHU invites applications from qualified individuals through ‘’BANDHU Job Application Form” is available under this link Bandhu-Job-Applicaiton-form. Please note that only applications filled in BANDHU format will be considered. Please email the application to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 20 November 2017.
Individuals from minority groups (Third Gender), indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are especially encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.