Assistant Manager- Internal Audit
- The applicants should have experience in the following area(s):
- Accounts, Audit, Internal Audit, Tax (VAT/ Customs Duty/ Income Tax), Cash Management
Job Description / Responsibility
- Plan, design review and check of required documents to ensure full compliance in view of Bandhu Financial procedures or donor requirement as well as country law.
- Review and updates the implementation of internal control policies and procedures.
- Prepare internal audit plan for both program and finance and conduct accordingly (organizational or project)
- Ensure effective coordination with Finance department in facing external audit or donor requirements.
- Conduct internal audit as per the annual internal audit plan which supports monitoring compliance with Bandhu, donor and local legal requirements based on a risk prioritization, and including both Bandhu and partners.
- Perform on audit views regarding Bandhu’s operations in line with the agreed annual plan to assess the effectiveness of Bandhu’s internal controls and compliance with Bandhu’s policies and procedures
- Review financial policies, procedures, records and other reports, systems and controls maintained in Bandhu offices and partner organizations.
- Prepare and submit monthly internal audit report to management along with mitigation plan.
- Undertake investigations on frauds and irregularities at management requests and as follow up on regular audit findings.
- Document internal audit testing in audit work papers, detailing the procedures performed, results of testing and conclusions reached
- Identify and analyses control weaknesses and areas of actual or potential non-compliance with Bandhu and donor requirements and summarize these in an internal audit report, containing observations and internal control and procedural improvement recommendations
- Ensure proper steps in monitoring the implementation status of recommendations made by donor auditors, financial statement external auditors, and other audit recommendations as applicable
- Review all concern issues and provide summary reporting of key risks, compliance issues and findings to Executive Director of Bandhu.
- Coordinate and conduct internal audits of Bandhu’s partners and ensure they are in compliance with their policies and procedures.
- Ensure periodic update of the fixed asset register and assist asset management of the organization with proper documentation.
- Engage in capacity building of partners around internal controls and anti-fraud measures
- Support Bandhu management in performing initial investigations into suspected frauds in line with Bandhu’s guidelines and donor guideline.
- Any other activities as required / defined by the organization in terms of internal audit, internal control.
Job Nature: Full-time
Vacancy: One (01)
- Masters in Business Administration from a recognized institution. (Preferable Accounting)
- CA course completed
- At least 5 year(s) working experience in Development sector.
- Age At most 45 year(s)
- The applicants should have experience in the following business area(s):
- At least 3 years managerial experience in working with internal auditor with a recognize organization.
- Good knowledge of the Accounting system software
- Desirable Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to interact professionally with a diverse population
- Ability to communicate effectively both written and oral
- Ability to plan, evaluate and meet deadlines
- Demonstrate good report writing skills
- Demonstrate good analytical skills with an eye for details
Job Location: Dhaka
Salary Range: BDT. 46805/=
- Festival bonus
- Contributory provident fund
- Health insurance
- Mobile bill as per grade & organization policy.
Special Instruction: Bandhu invites applications from qualified individuals. Application format can be found on Bandhu-Job-Applicaiton-form. Please note that only applications filled in as per Bandhu format will be considered. Please email the application to email@example.com on or before 23 April, 2019. Any persuasion will disqualify the candidates. Internal and external applicants shall be treated equally in the entire selection process.
Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are especially encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence. Applicant must enclose his/her Photograph with CV.
Application Deadline: 23 April, 2019