Advisor- Safety & Security
Job Description / Responsibility
- Plan, develop and design security strategy of organization by maintaining an intelligence network.
- Develop necessary policy, procedures and continually refining security operational manuals and ensure its timely implementation aiming community and organization security.
- Review and improve existing security strategy, conducting comprehensive studies of present and anticipated threats; evaluating, analyzing, and continuously developing remedy against potential threats against any community members and the organization.
- Collate, review, develop, and disseminate appropriate safety and security information to the concern/Sr. Management.
- Liaison, coordinate with concern Law enforcement agency, I/NGO/GO in contributing appropriate safeguard to the organization and it’s staff/beneficiaries/concerned.
- Oversee and /or conduct and validate field security risk assessments, examining plans / procedures, resources, assets, compound and implement changes as required.
- Working closely with HR Dept. to conduct TNA on safety issue and provide necessary training in safety-specific knowledge and skills
- Make sure appropriate security related information provided at Field offices, foreign staff and colleagues as and when required and in particular prior to planning any in and outside of station.
- Maintain regular communication with National Human Rights Commission and other Human Rights based organization to update HR situation for Bandhu.
- Regular follow up of all chain of activities on security issue to ensure smooth functioning of established procedures.
- Develop contingency planning and ensure preparedness to face any crisis/unexpected situation (manmade or natural disaster/accident etc) including burglar, fire, earth quack etc.
- Develop and nurture necessary team for crisis /disaster management by collecting, analyzing and summarizing intelligence data and trends focusing security.
- Enhances organization security reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments and keeping the organization /its people out of harms.
- Be prepared to perform other emergency duties that may be assigned from time to time.
Job Nature: Full-time
Educational & Other Requirements:
- At least a Bachelor’s degree in Social Sciences, Law or any other related field from a recognized Institution.
- Good knowledge in understanding Safety & Security issue in aspect of current country & global situation in
- At least 5 years’ experience in the relevant field
- Retire Defense person may get preference
Experience Requirements: At least 5 year(s)
Additional Job Requirements:
- Age at most 45 years
- Strong technical competencies in safety management and experience with the NGO security
- Management framework
- Experience in participatory training in safety related subjects
- Knowledge and skills on producing reports.
- Ability to interact professionally with a diverse population
- Ability to work within a team and communicate effectively both written and oral
- Having analytical skills and able to plan, evaluate and meet deadlines
Job Location: Dhaka
Salary Range: Negotiable
Other Benefits: As per organization/project policy
Bandhu invites applications from qualified individuals. Summary job descriptions and the application format can be found Bandhu-Job-Application-Form. Please note that only applications filled in as per Bandhu format will be considered. Please email the application to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 15 April 2017. Any persuasion will disqualify the candidates.
Qualified individuals from Third Gender Community, differently able person and member of indigenous are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.