Proposal for Seed Funding Grant
Training Calendar Oct-Dec 2014
Bandhu Social Welfare Society (BSWS) was formed in 1996 to address!20concerns of human rights abuse and denial of sexual health rights, and provide a rights-based approach to health and social services for the most stigmatized and vulnerable populations in Bangladesh, MSM in particular kothis/hijras and their partners.
BSWS have been officially registered since 1997 started with a staff of two and a small programme in Central Dhaka was supported by the Royal Norwegian Embassy. Over the years it has emerged as a national community led organization currently providing social and health services to a broad range of ‘Sexual Minority Populations in 21 districts in Bangladesh .
Mission and Vision
Bandhu Social Welfare Society works toward the well-being of stigmatized and socially-excluded males and their partners, by providing sexual health services and supporting human rights and alternative livelihoods.
Bandhu Social Welfare Society works toward the well-being of sexual minorities by facilitating sexual and reproductive health services and supporting human rights, dignity and livelihoods of their choices
- Enhanced coverage and comprehensive services of sexual & reproductive health and rights including HIV for sexual minority communities and their partners
- Reduced physical, social, psychological and legal harassment and stigma of sexual minority communities
- Enhance decision making ability of the sexual minority communities in programme and policy issues
- Improved livelihood options for the sexual minority communities
- Enhanced capacity and sustainability of the BSWS.